- Remote - UK, England, United Kingdom
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a AWS Architect with a strong hands-on Cloud/DevOps background join our Cloud Practice team. This role will involve designing and building out our customers AWS platforms, supporting their application migrations, supporting pre-sales activities and workshops, and helping drive a DevOps culture.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about automation, creative and innovative, with a track record of migration projects using automated cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to understand our customers technical and business requirements, and map those to an ideal application and cloud architecture.
- Handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Awareness of industry direction and trends in cloud tooling and best practices
- Understanding of the AWS Well Architected Framework, and how to optimise for Reliability, Performance, Security, Cost Efficiency and Operational Excellence
- Understanding of key cloud operational components such as network configuration, server provisioning, backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring and alerting
- Strong experience in developing and deploying solutions on AWS, using Cloudformation or Terraform
- Strong experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, Docker)
- Programming experience (Python, Node, etc.)
- Experience in presenting designs and plans to senior stakeholders
- Experience in pre-sales, running cloud workshops
- Experience in running Well Architected reviews
- Working knowledge Docker containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team