Oracle Applications DBA
- Remote, United Kingdom
- Department: ERP
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1200 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominiation and this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
We are seeking a Managed Services Oracle Applications DBA who seeks to develop their career to include and or become a fully-fledged project field consulting DBA.
The managed services duties will include all the usual monitoring, tuning, maintenance, cloning and other routine deliverables. The role will overlap with cloud services and supporting OS and hardware platforms.
The project duties in the first instant will be exposure to and support of systems and RDBMS installations for implementation, R12 upgrades, HW and OS upgrades and other platform migrations
The role will involve some travelling to the client site.
Version 1 requires an Oracle DBA with excellent E-Business suite experience.
- Assist in the Oracle upgrades project, including installation, configuration and tuning of Oracle Databases, Application Server Forms, Reports, Discoverer etc.
- Provide day-to day-support of the existing Oracle Databases and Application server installations.
- Provide day-to-day DBA support for Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Clone Oracle E-Business Suite when required.
- Migrate the existing Oracle E-Business Suite from its existing hardware to the new hardware.
- Work with the Departments Developers, Unix administrators, and Third Parties to resolve problems.
- Provide documentation of all work carried out.
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i/R12 ideal.
- Ability to research, learn, troubleshoot and support complex system customisations.
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise across concurrent projects may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills.
- Excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- An ability to adopt and adhere to client policies and procedures.
- Sound negotiation skills.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process work permits at this time.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!