Oracle and SQL Server DBA
- Redditch, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We do this every day and due to continued expansion we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
Version 1 is looking for an experienced consultant to join its Managed Services team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have solid background in Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner and Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
This exciting opportunity will see the candidate working within a team of experienced Oracle and SQL Server DBA/Developers, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops understanding of clients business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
You will have:
- SQL Server and Oracle Database Administration and Support.
- Preparing the inventory, preparing and proving procedures, looking at pre-requisites, training and identifying the migration approach for migrations to be conducted.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- The migration of pre-production and production database services.
Where application remediation is required, the migration of development and/or system test database services.
- 2-5 years minimum Data base experience in Oracle and SQL Server environments.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Worked in a large database environments.
- Some data modelling experience.
- Experience with third party backup and monitoring tools.
- Oracle and SQL Server clustering, replication and log shipping an advantage.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, partitioning and statistics
- T-SQL, SQL, SSIS Oracle RDBMS 12c Oracle RAC Red Hat Linux skills would be good to have.
- Mix of DBA and Developer skills an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritize key activities.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team