- Remote, gb
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 1400+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Oracle DBA to join Version 1 on a permanent basis. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We do this every day and due to continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise-level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have a solid background in Microsoft and Oracle technologies. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner and Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
This exciting opportunity will see the candidate working within a team of experienced Oracle professionals, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- An opportunity to work with AWS and AWS Consultants.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops an understanding of client’s business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
You will have:
- Strong Oracle Database Administration and Support skills. SQL Server skills a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of AWS would be a bonus within this role.
- Preparing the inventory, preparing and proving procedures, looking at pre-requisites, training and identifying the migration approach for migrations to be conducted.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- The migration of pre-production and production database services.
- Where application remediation is required, the migration of development and/or system test database services.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Worked in a large database environments.
- Experience with third party backup and monitoring tools.
- Oracle RDBMS 12c Oracle RAC Red Hat Linux skills