Infrastructure Project Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire an experienced Project Manager who can help us further develop our strong footing in the business consulting domain.
You will come from a project management or business consulting background and have at least 5 years’ project management experience in large scale systems development and deployment projects in a variety of sectors. You should be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and have experience working with a relevant methodology. The ability to manage Fixed Price engagements is preferable.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, you will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, you will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a Project Initiation Document.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities, 5+ years of PM experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMP and practical experience of same.
- Experience in driving the implementation of new Business Processes to support adoption of new technology.
- Budget management, commercial and Customer experience.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Excellent team motivator.
- Proven track record in successfully delivery fixed price engagements.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, an advantage.
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.