Senior Java Developer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentoring other team members in clean code/TDD
- Setting the standard for excellence in code quality
- Helping the team technically with delivery using technologies new to them
- Presenting designs to relevant stakeholders including customer
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Ensuring the designs meet architecture, governance and customer requirements
- Ensuring design solutions meet service and operational requirements
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management and project managers.
- Develop best of breed solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment where you will be challenged and motivated.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- Core Java with recent experience on Java 8/11 (12 years+).
- Spring Boot
- Core Spring
- Spring Security
- RESTful Webservices
- Microservice Architectures
- SQL & NoSQL experience
- OpenAPI specifications and documentation (swagger)
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Elastic Stack
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to play a leading part in a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.