Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting significant components within a modern digital service platform in production environments.
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure and cost-effective.
- Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software to production.
- Applying industry best practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Using public cloud platform(s) to solve business problems (Azure as a priority).
- Applying configuration management, infrastructure provisioning , and container orchestration tooling to solve business problems.
- Develop best of breed solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment where you will be challenged and motivated.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- Experience is needed in Kubernetes(AKS), Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Linux Sys Admin (RHEL, Ubuntu, Alpine), Azure Networking, Azure Application Gateway, Azure DevOps, CI/CD and Jenkins
- Experienced Azure DevOps Engineer ready for a Senior role or already at a Senior level
- Demonstrable experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, ARM templates and deployment automation
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms such as AWS, Oracle, GCP
- Knowledge of Openshift
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to own technical oversight of a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team