Junior DevOps Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company that provide world-class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 is more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft, and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions that incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organization who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to take the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of automation pipelines for various workloads on Azure and AWS, including the infrastructure as code and application development pipelines
- Work closely with the development team and testers to create fully automated solutions
- Implementation of best practices throughout such as DevSecOps, CI/CD, etc.
- Learn your trade from the Senior DevOps engineer
- Develop best of breed solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment where you will be challenged and motivated.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- At least 1 year DevOps experience
- Experience of Jenkins and CI/CD Pipelines
- Infrastructure as Code experience using Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Experience of using Azure to create and deploy infrastructure
- Experience of using Azure CLI
- Azure DevOps experience
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Experience in Node.JS, Python, Helm, SaFE, Jira, Confluence would be preferable but not essential
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to own technical oversight of a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team