- Leeds, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As the Solution Architect on a newly won central government public sector project, you will play a pivotal role in the success of Version 1 and the expansion within this client. You will be delivering services to transform a key process, covering a number of projects and teams at one time.
You will be involved in designing and developing services that have a positive impact on peoples lives.
Your main responsibilities will be: Defining and realising software designs - covering functional and non-functional requirements. Collaboration with the technical teams to ensure designs are realised Ensuring good engineering practices are in place across technical teams. Defining and ensuring quality and consistency. Communicating design and documentation to Senior Stakeholders Making effective decisions in a fast-moving project Technology selection, focusing on value vs cost, and aligning to customer requirements. Mentoring, coaching and developing the team.
- Experience of solution design & cloud experience on Azure
- Recent delivery of cloud-based projects that demonstrate high volumes (users, transactions)
- Experience and ability to make sound technical decisions when faced with ambiguous requirements
- Agile delivery experience
- Experience defining software designs using industry good practices such as Microservices, Cloud Technologies and Integration patterns
- Experience of designing and delivering Service Bus or Message Queue solutions
- Experience of coding and developing
- Event streaming solutions experience
- Recent technical ownership for software delivery, covering technology roadmap alignment, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
- Experience of authentication and security within the Cloud
- Experience driving and implementing non-functional requirements for customers
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical ability
- Eligible for SC / Security Clearance
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team