Senior Test Engineer
- Edinburgh, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
In this brand new role, you will be working on a newly won central government public sector project. This is one of the first hires on the project where you will play a pivotal role in the success of Version 1.
You will be working on automated testing completing lifecycle solutions to our customers, helping them to achieve their business objectives by identifying requirements, designing and developing solutions and providing on-going support and strategic advice.
- Requirements analysis and validation.
- Defining and executing test strategies and scripts.
- Ensuring requirements traceability.
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Accurate recording and monitoring of issues.
- Provide support to the development of scrum teams to automate tests to guide development.
- Review test environments and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintenance of quality standards.
- Provide test estimates.
- Experience in a Senior Test Engineer/Senior Test Analyst position or the ability to work at this level
- Ability to do and happy to carry out Manuel Testing and experience of Automation testing using Selenium or other automation frameworks e.g. Cucumber etc.
- Experience of working in an Agile manner and experience of working in Scrum Teams
- Development experience using .Net/C# or Java and ability to write automation scripts
- Experience of Automated Quality Assurance: Deliver overnight cross-browser, functional, non-functional, API, integration and acceptance tests. Implement the automated testing components of the test strategy.
- Deliver front end cross-browser functional testing, device testing, exploratory, systems integration and user acceptance testing e.g. manual testing
- Testing experience for applications based on the Azure Cloud
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team