Senior DevOps Engineer
- Edinburgh, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
In this brand new role, you will be working on a newly won central government public sector project. This is one of the first hires on the project where you will play a pivotal role in the success of Version 1
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will work on a wide variety project for Version 1 or on a singular project as described above.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Performance Testing framework implementation
- Azure scaling
- Audio recording implementation (storage and retrieval)
- Production Support (including out of hours support)
- Release Management
- Operational enhancements (build and release pipelines, Azure infrastructure, monitoring)
- Azure Kubernetes Service strategic infrastructure
- Experience of Jenkins and CI/CD Pipelines
- Infrastructure as Code experience using Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Experience of using Azure to create and deploy infrastructure
- Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Azure DevOps experience
- Experience in Node.JS, Python, Helm, SaFE, Jira, Confluence would be preferable but not essential
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team