Senior Full Stack Java Engineer
- Belfast, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the development of RESTful Microservices using Java 1.8 and Spring/Spring Boot Frameworks as part of a cross functional Agile team. There will also be an aspect of ReactNative app development.
Java has been a key technology throughout Version 1’s history, and our Java Practice has been responsible for delivering some of the largest eGovernment systems as well as business critical solutions to the utilities and financial services sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open source components and databases. We use best of breed Java toolsets - focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
- Essential Proven Senior Developer
- Frontend Development experience and sees themselves as a Full-stack Developer
- Excellent grasp of Spring Framework with a focus on Spring Boot
- Experience of developing RESTful microservice architectures
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong TDD practices and use of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Strong working knowledge of GIT version control
- Experience working with relational databases
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team