JD Edwards Project Manager
- Redditch, UK
- Department: ERP
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals
You will join a 1300 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and JD Edwards applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to be nominated for 7 awards at this year’s UKOUG Partner Awards.
This is a new opportunity for a Project Manager to head up a new PMO within the JDE capability to support new and existing customers in Oracle Applications Unlimited (JD Edwards) projects.
The successful candidate will have overall accountability of the delivery of projects and will be required to manage engagement risk, project planning and budgeting, resourcing plans, and project tracking activities. He/she will also be expected to manage customer communications over the lifecycle of these projects and develop strong relationships with key decision-makers.
- Working with the customer to confirm scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for projects.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of project plans to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Good experience of TORs, Scope and MSA ideal.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Steering Group/Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify interdependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Ensuring appropriately skilled resources are delivering the project and managing the availability and performance of those consultants.
- Travel to client sites as required, Ireland, UK. & Europe.
- Assisting in pre-sales opportunities as and when required.
You should have strong evidence of ERP project management experience. JD Edwards is ideal.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities and proven experience in delivering complex projects ideally for a leading SI .
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 and experience of standard Project Management work practices would be an advantage.
- MS Project planning experience
- Budget, commercial and Customer experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of pre-sales and customer presentations.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered.
Redditch or London office base but all remote working currently but must be willing for up to 3-4 days week depending on project and location when we can again.
Permanent applications only. Must have work permit due to timeframes. Jan start
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!