Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
- Bristol, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a finalist for the Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our employees agree; we were delighted to have been officially recognised as a Best Large Workplace in the UK, Ireland and Europe this year.
Benefits include profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will be customer-facing (when we are able) and will entail liaising with customers to enhance current systems, plan and deliver projects.
- The role is varied in scope, technology and can entail the development of innovative solutions in the cloud, delivering cloud migration projects, and supporting development teams with DevOps technologies (CI/CD pipelines, config management, etc.)
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. configuration and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Assist in the transition of projects to Version 1 Managed Services teams.
- Experience is needed n Kubernetes(AKS), Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Linux Sys Admin (RHEL, Ubuntu, Alpine), Azure Networking, Azure Application Gateway, AzureDevOps, CI/CD and Jenkins
- Demonstrable experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, ARM templates and deployment automation
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise-level Highly Available solutions