Azure Cloud Migration Engineer
- Manchester, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world-class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us.
This is an opportunity for an Azure Cloud Migration Engineer to join our UK Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. You will lead or be part of a team delivering Datacentre migration services to Microsoft Azure for Version 1 customers.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Migration of Version 1 Customer workloads to Microsoft Azure
- You will be involved in customer collaboration on migration and discovery workshops and documentation.
- Design Microsoft Azure Solutions across multiple technologies such as Microsoft, Open Source and Oracle.
- Migrate planning exercises and effort estimation for projects/ proposals.
- Engage with Version 1 partners such as Microsoft and 3rd party tool vendors.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Work within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Proven experience of workload migrations to Azure
- Possession of Azure Microsoft certifications.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Administration experience in Windows Servers and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience in Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate and/or Microsoft MAP Toolkit
- Experience in one or more DevOps tooling: Azure ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, Azure Automation, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Github, Kubernetes
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team