- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java Practice has been responsible for delivering some of the largest eGovernment systems as well as business critical solutions to the utilities and financial services sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open source components and databases. Version 1 utilises best of breed Java toolsets - focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
Developers will be responsible for delivery of project components according to Functional Requirements Specifications. They must be comfortable with working to technical designs and perform unit testing, integration testing and supporting system testing. Project methodologies include both Waterfall and Agile.
Candidates need 5-8 years of Java experience and need to have worked in a disciplined development environment. Emphasis is on communication skills and teamwork. We encourage interest from young enthusiastic developers with an interest in a fast track career in a high-energy environment where there is good exposure to modern technologies.
- Java JEE ,Spring Framework , RESTful, JMS, and SOAP-based services
- Testing frameworks and TDD (like JUnit or Mockito)
- Version Control Systems (CVS, SVN, GIT) Application Servers like Tomcat, WebLogic or JBoss
- Persistence Frameworks like Hibernate, EclipseLink or iBatis
- Databases: Relational (e.g. Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Redis or Hazelcast)
- Experience of working within an Agile environment is desirable.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team