Microsoft Data Engineer
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. A previous Microsoft Partner of the Year, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the year, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large-scale data warehousing solutions who will join a team delivering a transformative technology platform for a key Version 1 customer.
You will have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementations. You will have strong experience in building solutions using a variety of Microsoft technologies, and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines and working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology.
You should have strong experience designing and delivering solutions data warehouse solutions using the Microsoft SQL Server platform, and direct experience of building data warehouse solutions using SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Database.
- Knowledge of the Kimball Dimensional Modelling approach to database design and experience building dimensional data warehouses.
- Experience in the design & development ETL data management processes using SQL Server Integration Services & Microsoft T-SQL, including documentation of low-level data mappings and transformation logic.
- Experience in the application of Agile development methodologies and use Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools in a data warehousing environment.
- Experience in the design & development of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Tabular Models including row-level security, partitioning, and perspectives.
- Knowledge of approaches & technologies used for Metadata management, including data models, data catalogs, data dictionaries, and data lineage.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM will be an advantage, but knowledge transfer will be provided.
- Experience with related technologies such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse is also desirable but not essential
- Experience developing reports and visualisations in Power BI / Power BI Reporting Services is desirable but not essential.
Do you have current security clearance?
Do you have strong MS SQL DWH skills?
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered. A UK office base but all remote working currently.
Current/Transferable UK SC Clearance required.
Permanent applications only. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at: https://www.version1.com/careers/culture/
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!