- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The business analyst role is responsible for investigating business systems, identifying areas for improvement and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT. The job holder will be required to manage and implement process and system improvement initiatives across the business, facilitate business and system change and deliver optimum process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify areas for improvement, understand the business need, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current processes
- Assist the business stakeholders in prioritising business requirements and defining new business processes
- Assist business stakeholders in refining user stories and writing acceptance criteria in preparation for iterative development
- Communicate regularly with colleagues both business and technical to understand requirements, and facilitate workshops and user story refinement sessions
- Perform root cause analysis of problems, lead workshops and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into functional requirement specifications
- Produce detailed, high quality and clear documentation
- Work closely with technical team during the implementation phases to ensure common understanding, agreement and effective implementation of projects. Validate solution delivered and ensure it is fit for business purpose.
- Communicate in a clear and concise fashion to IT and business stakeholders at all levels during the project lifecycle to gain commitment and minimize the level of resistance to change
- Drive deliverables to completion within challenging timelines ensuring collaboration and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Work effectively with stakeholders located both locally and remotely, to build and maintain a positive working relationship with stakeholders
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure requirements as detailed in the specification document have been delivered and are ready for release
- Work with IT & Business when new functionality is released to production to ensure a smooth transition to the new process. Where necessary devise detailed cut over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover
- Strong Business Analysis experience in an Agile environment (ideally 5+ years in GIS).
- Proven track record in producing high-quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping, and documentation skills.
- Experience in reviewing Functional Specification Documents produced by peers (Peer Review) to ensure they align with the Business Requirements Specification document.
- Practical experience of Business Analysis role in an Agile environment is desired
- Change Management experience
- Has worked on both large scale and smaller projects and been responsible for defining and designing business solutions.
- Previous experience with UML and Use Case Scenarios an advantage.
- An understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Good project management skill with the ability to plan and schedule their own work and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills — be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence, and Azure DevOps Boards tools or similar
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio & Outlook).
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team