Oracle Cloud Migration Lead
- Redditch, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oracle to Public Cloud Database Migration Lead to join our Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. A permanent position, you will play a critical role in driving our thriving Cloud Platform Practice forward. Version 1 have had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as an Oracle Core DBA with experience in all designing and deploying Highly Available solutions for Enterprise customers. You will have experience of migrating Oracle Database workloads to Public Cloud such as Azure, AWS or Oracle OCI. You will also have experience migrating from Oracle to non-Oracle database platforms such as Postgres. You will also have experience in assessment and migration of applications that deliver services using Oracle databases.
Ideally coming from a consulting background, you will be an excellent communicator, with ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues, and resolutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have good commercial awareness and be able to articulate the commercial impacts of technical challenges and opportunities. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your delivery approaches and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Business Development, including Technical Pre-sales, Creation of Proposals, Delivery cost estimation and management
- Technical leadership for migrating Oracle workloads to Public Cloud
- Development and ownership of migration processes, documentation, and tooling
- Senior Oracle DBA consulting, including solution design, documentation, and technical management
• Possession of Oracle certifications.
• Experience in migrating Oracle Database workloads to at least two Public Cloud platforms from Azure, AWS and OCI
• Minimum of 5 years as an Oracle Core DBA
• Sold understanding of one or more open source or cloud provider database platforms
• Previous experience of re-platforming from Oracle to other database platforms
• A good understanding of other Oracle and database related technology e.g. Fusion Middleware, Oracle RAC etc.
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Oracle Database & Application design, deployment and administration
- In-depth understanding of Public Cloud Database Migrations, including but not limited to IaaS on Azure, AWS, PaaS on Azure, AWS and OCI
- Enterprise Architecture experience
- Experience in migrating from Oracle to Postgres
- Experience in Application and Database workload assessment and assessment tooling
- Excellent customer facing communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing capability for tender responses, bid and proposals