Senior Test Engineer
- Belfast, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 has won a major piece of work with a new client, this project will be supporting the internal IT project for a world-leading Investment Management business. You will be working for a client the rewards innovation, in a collaborative and truly Agile manner. If you want to learn, develop and join an award-winning "Great Place To Work" then read on!
Before I go into the details of our Senior Test Engineer needs in Belfast here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
This is a new opportunity to work within a client Scrum Team. You as a Senior Test Engineer will be playing a key role in two-week sprints and engage from the start of every project to completion in the Scrum team. As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be writing the test automation code and executing the testing with the Test Engineer or Associate Test Engineer.
In this role, you will be working on Automation as we all Manual testing, the progression from Manual test to Automation test whenever possible to add value to the project. Collaboration between the end client Test team and you will be vital to the success of every project.
In this role, you'll be responsible for a wide variety of activities from inputting into user stories, writing test cases based on these, resourcing results using GIRA, gathering test data, reviewing the results and driving retrospective changes for improvement on the project.
- Experience in a Senior Test Engineer, Test Analyst or Test position with the experience to work at this level
- Ability to do and happy to carry out Manuel Testing and experience of Automation testing using Selenium
- Cloud application or platform experience and experience of testing in these environments
- Experience in building Test Automation frameworks using Selenium, Cucumber etc.
- Familiarity with Unit testing frameworks e.g. MS Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, Mocha as well as BDD tools e.g. Spock
- Experience of developing in Java
- Experience of working in an Agile manner and experience of working in Scrum Teams
- ISTQB certification
- Experience of creating, adding to and maintaining test automation frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter
- Experience of Azure Cloud