Senior Solutions Architect/Enterprise Architect
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is seeking a highly accomplished and professional senior solutions architect with clear enterprise architecture experience to join our multi-award winning consultancy organization.
You will join a diverse team providing IT development and support services, working initially with one of Version 1's most important public sector customers.
Your role will be to devise and design solutions for the customer's large and small change requirements and to guide and govern the technical direction of the team with the view to continuously improving quality and efficiency. You will provide technical guidance to our customers and to internal teams as we work together building digital services to meet the challenges of the 2020s and beyond.
- To provide technical and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team.
- To work with senior management of Version 1's customer, assisting it as it makes critical decisions on technical direction.
- To design solutions that make use of the newest technologies and industry best practices.
- To be part of a motivated and dynamic delivery team with strong core values that seeks to drive the customer's success.
- To work with other Version 1 architects to investigate bleeding edge technologies and to understand how they may meet the customer's strategic goals.
- To contribute to the development of architectures for other customers of Version 1 when required.
- Work with the customer to develop the strategic direction of IT architecture and the build-out of citizen-facing digital services using modern DevOps approaches.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer in the management and delivery of its IT landscape.
- Developing effective logical, conceptual, and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team.
- Working with business analysts and end-users to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for short-, medium- and long-term future state architectures.
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management, and project managers.
- Working knowledge of Common Architectural Patterns – particularly API-driven design and microservices.
- Extensive Solution Design, development and delivery experience in diverse and complex environments
- Enterprise Architecture modelling, development tools and techniques including UML, ArchiMate and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- In-depth familiarity with solution design and delivery in technologies such as
- Redhat OpenShift container platform, or it's upstream project OKD (okd.io).
- Kubernetes container orchestration, Docker
- Java frameworks (specifically Springboot), Open API, Microservices
- Architecture and solution design expertise in private cloud environments.
- DevOps techniques and processes (dependency management, build orchestration, branch management, artefact repositories).
- Extensive client-facing experience, including experience working with C-Suite level managers on high-profile IT design or delivery projects.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Specialist