Platform Infrastructure Consultant
- Glasgow, UK
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is one of Europe’s fastest growing IT Consultancies and has been around for over 20 years, with 9 offices across the UK and Ireland.
Our culture is centred on Trust & Empowerment and this has earned us a Top 10 spot on the Great Place to Work Europe List 2017, 2018 & 2019. We have over 1200 passionate employees working on projects and technologies that make a real difference in the world and enable you to make an impact. Our greatest strength is balancing our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
Version 1 in Scotland, based in Edinburgh, has been operating for five years and in that time has expanded with significant work at leading Scottish & International customers including large global banks, international construction companies and large utilities customers providing a broad range of Digital, Cloud and ERP services. As we are continuing to grow, we are working with a number of public and private sector organisations to effectively support them in their transformation and application modernisation journeys.
A new customer is about to come onboard and we are growing the team that will help deliver services to support their digital transformation. The roles will be based primarily in Glasgow city centre onsite with the customer, with opportunity to work from Edinburgh intermittently once the team is up and running. This team will support their existing platforms including the infrastructure platform, Office365 and knowledge systems as part of a wider team. Having embarked on a Data Analytics programme, they are looking for assistance in a project to set up data visualisation tools such as PowerBI. This is an exciting time to get involved in the early stages of a new programme of work: the team will grow and expand in the coming months and this will provide opportunities for everyone in the team to do so too.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Platform Infrastructure Consultant. You will join a team delivering transformative services for a key Version 1 customer based in primarily in Glasgow city centre, with opportunity to work remotely from Edinburgh on occasion.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in supporting and delivering Infrastructure estates & projects. This role will be focused on supporting both On-premise and Cloud technologies.
You will be proficient working with business stakeholders and as part of both Project and Support teams, with direct experience in relation to infrastructure and security related services such as VMWare, Networks, Security, Windows, Linux & Office 365.
You will ideally have a few years’ experience and a proven track record of enterprise infrastructure experience. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support of customer Platform estate
- Support for internal Project delivery
- Implementation and upgrade of existing services
- Communication to senior management on Platform estate and health
- Delivery secure Platform estate protecting all customer data and services
You will have:
- Direct experience of enterprise infrastructure solutions
- Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments.
- Possession of Microsoft certifications.
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Platform Services (networks, infrastructure, Windows and Linux OS servers, VMWare)
- SharePoint, O365 including Exchange Administration.
- Product Maintenance: Ivanti, Business World, SAP, Quartz.
- Service Management: CSI, Asset and Configuration Management.
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- EM+S products such as Intune, Azure Rights Management and Cloud App Security
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Exposure to some of the following Data Protection products; Azure Backup, CommVault, Data protector, Netbackup, Veeam etc.
- Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business Online
Any experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies under demanding timescales.
As an IT Consultancy, Version 1 has customers all over the UK. While the initial location for this role is Glasgow, you'll need to be prepared to potentially travel in future!