Data Analytics Consultant
- Glasgow, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is one of Europe’s fastest growing IT Consultancies and has been around for over 20 years, with 9 offices across the UK and Ireland.
Our culture is centered on Trust & Empowerment and this has earned us a Top 10 spot on the Great Place to Work Europe List 2017, 2018 & 2019. We have over 1200 passionate employees working on projects and technologies that make a real difference in the world and enable you to make an impact. Our greatest strength is balancing our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree.
Version 1 in Scotland, based in Edinburgh, has been operating for five years and in that time has expanded with significant work at leading Scottish & International customers including large global banks, international construction companies and large utilities customers providing a broad range of Digital, Cloud and ERP services. As we are continuing to grow, we are working with a number of public and private sector organisations to effectively support them in their transformation and application modernisation journeys.
A new customer is about to come onboard and we are growing the team that will help deliver services to support their digital transformation. The roles will be based primarily in Glasgow city centre onsite with the customer, with opportunity to work from Edinburgh intermittently once the team is up and running. This team will support their existing platforms including the infrastructure platform, Office365 and knowledge systems as part of a wider team. Having embarked on a Data Analytics programme, they are looking for assistance in a project to set up data visualisation tools such as PowerBI. This is an exciting time to get involved in the early stages of a new programme of work: the team will grow and expand in the coming months and this will provide opportunities for everyone in the team to do so too.
If you’re an experienced developer of large-scale data solutions, this is an exciting opportunity to join a permanent team delivering transformative cloud-hosted data platforms.
You will ideally have at least 5-7 years’ experience in building solutions using a variety of open-source tools and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
The majority of the work will be using TDv and PowerBI, and main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing business intelligence technical solutions.
- Data modelling and data architecture design and implementation.
- Analysis of requirements and production of specifications and reports.
- Documentation of solution (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup etc.).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology,
- Engaging with the customers to identify POCs and new insights to bring value to the business
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively within a high-performance team.
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools, data modelling, data staging, and data extraction processes
- 5+ years of BI and Analytics professional experience across a range of technologies including some or all:
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Tibco Data Virtualisation (TDv)
- SQL Server: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- General RDBMS knowledge, database query optimization
- Experience on projects across a variety of industry sectors an advantage.
- Business intelligence and analytics certification an advantage
As an IT Consultancy, Version 1 has customers all over the UK. While the initial location for this role is Glasgow, you'll need to be prepared to potentially travel in future!
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.https://www.version1.com/careers/culture/