Data Analytics Consultant (Data Engineer)
- London, UK
- Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. Named Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland 2015 and Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the Year 2016, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large scale data solutions who will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
You will have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementations. You will have strong experience in building solutions using a variety of Microsoft Azure services & open-source tools, and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines and working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology.
You should have experience designing and delivering solutions data warehouse solutions using the Azure Data platform, and direct experience of building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory (v2), Azure Databricks. You should also have experience with related technologies such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse ( SQL Data Warehouse), Azure Data Lake (Gen 2), and Azure CosmosDB.
- Knowledge of other big data platforms eg Spark, Snowflake, AWS Redshift
- Knowledge of Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data including imaging & geospatial data.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization
- Experience working in a DevOps environment and developing solutions for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) scenarios.
This is an opportunity to join some of the biggest Big-Data Projects in the UK and join a growing Microsoft Azure Capability team.
Working Location is flexible and allows for remote / home working. The role will require periodic time on-site at customer’s offices or in Version 1’s London offices.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!