Data Analytics Consultant (Data Engineer)
- London, UK
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. Named Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland 2015 and Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the Year 2016, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large scale data solutions who will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
You will have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation and strong experience in building solutions using a variety of open-source tools & Microsoft Azure services, and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines and working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- Hands on experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform (Cortana Intelligence Platform) including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Direct experience of building data piplines using Azure Data Factory and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks).
- Experience building data warehouse solutions using ETL / ELT tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Talend, Wherescape Red.
- Experience with Azure Event Hub, IOT Hub, Apache Kafka, Nifi for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Experience with other Open Source big data products eg Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience with Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data including imaging & geospatial data.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization,
This is an opportunity to join one of the biggest Big-Data Projects in the UK and join a growing Microsoft Azure Capability team.
Roles are envisaged to be full time on-site or on customer site. Expenses will be covered. London Office/home base thereafter. Limited remote working also might be possible but should not be assumed. For more info please get in touch.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!