Azure Data Engineering Lead
- Southampton, UK
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. Named Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland 2015 and Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the Year 2016, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large scale data solutions. You will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
You should have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation and strong confident experience in building solutions using a variety of open-source tools a Microsoft Azure services and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadline within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- Direct experience of building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks)
- Extensive experience integrating data (structured & unstructured) from multiple sources
- Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification
- Hands on experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Log Stash, Kibana and/or Azure Monitoring & Logging components desirable
- Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment with tools such as Azure DevOps, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data, specifically, imaging & geospatial data with examples of using image processing & feature detection techniques.
This is an opportunity to join one of the biggest Big-Data Projects in the UK and join a growing Microsoft Azure Capability team.
Roles will be based on customer sites. (Currently in Southampton & London ). Roles are envisaged to be full time on-site. Expenses will be covered. London office /home base thereafter. Limited remote working also might be possible but should not be assumed. For more info please get in touch.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!