Azure Data Platform Solution Architect
- London, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. Named Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland 2015 and Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the Year 2016, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Solutions Architect. where you will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer. You should have a proven track record in leading and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions with Enterprise level organisations. We are seeking someone who can create and deliver a BI vision with customers across many sectors. You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of a range of BI Tools and Platforms. You will have excellent experience and a proven track record architecting enterprise-level data platforms. You will manage your own and your team’s performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions
- Requirements Analysis and Solution Architecture Design.
- Data modelling and data architecture design.
- ETL, data integration and data migration design.
- Master data management system and process design and implementation.
- Data quality system and process design.
- Analysis of requirements and production of specifications.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Deal with other stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc
You must have direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development during pre-sales & delivery including excellent documentation skills and have a Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification.
In addition, you should have;
· Hands-on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search. Experience designing and implementing machine learning solutions as part of high volume data ingestion and transformation pipelines and recent experience working in a Dev/Ops environment
· Knowledge and experience of working with image data in a machine learning environment
· Experience working with structured and unstructured data, including geospatial data ideal.
· Recent experience with Open Source technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka, Solr/Elastic Search
This is an opportunity to join one of the biggest Big-Data Projects in the UK and join a growing Microsoft Azure Capability team.
Expenses will be covered. London and customer client sites plus home office base/ remote working. For more info please get in touch.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!