Junior Systems Administrator
- Cork, Ireland
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 has an exciting role for a dynamic and enthusiastic consultant / systems administrator who enjoys working with customers and internal staff alike. You will be a solid team player and superb communicator who can deliver excellence in both project and support work. Based within our Networks and Systems team this role is responsible for providing mainly Microsoft systems administration as well as working with customers to enhance current systems and develop projects to implement new solutions.
You should be a self-starter looking to join a fast paced, multidiscipline team that provides project, customer and internal support at Version 1, ideally you will have 3-5 years’ experience in building and supporting front line Microsoft environments. In particular knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, and Azure is required.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle including Concept generation, Design, Build and Support essential.
- Strong, first-hand experience of building and supporting Enterprise solutions.
- Strong experience is both multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, and Hyper-V Knowledge and Experience of Microsoft Azure Knowledge of backup products (Veeam, Backup Exec, ARCserve, Data Protector, and/or CommVault).
- Good troubleshooting skills required. Non-Technical.
- Ability to work well on your own and within a team.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Ability to work with customers and in a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of processes and procedures.
- Experience working within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Customer facing and comfortable working across multiple customer environments.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center suite DevOps and automation experience.
- Broader technical competency across various Linux flavours.
- Any additional infrastructure skills such as networking / storage / etc. would be beneficial.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of working effectively within a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise time.
- Excellent client facing skills.
Desirable skills: AWS Office365 Citrix VMWare SCCM
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team