UX UI Consultant - Talent Pipeline
- London, UK
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Work with business stakeholders in defining user requirements and processes.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mock-ups and proof of concepts (POCs) optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Working with project managers, BA’s and other key stakeholders to prioritising design effort and execution of projects.
- Contributing to concept pitches and presentations to clients and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with UI / UX design.
- Have an online portfolio or be able to create an online portfolio of your work if successful
- BA/BSc in Graphic Design, Architecture, Product Design, Industrial Design or a related conceptual design field or have additional relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Government Digital Service (GDS) Service Design Principles.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience creating wireframes, low-fidelity and high-fidelity interactive prototypes with industry-standard design tools (e.g: Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Balsamiq).
- Must be eligble for SC (Security) Clearance
- Extensive experience in applying UX design best practices to design solutions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Deep understanding design approaches, including mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to disregard irrelevant information – to identify similarities and differences in visual configurations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- An understanding of web technologies and how developers seek to leverage design output.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at: