Project Manager - Talent Pipeline
- London, UK
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by commitment to our Core Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our employees agree; we were delighted to have been officially recognised as a Best Large Workplace in the United Kingdom this year. Throughout our journey in the UK, we have grown rapidly to almost 500 employees and we are looking to expand this team.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic and enthusiastic with a broad range of project management or business consulting experience in the Digital and/or Cloud space. They will be based out of the London office with travel to client sites You will have exposure of large scale systems development and deployment projects in a variety of sectors. Candidates should be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and have experience working with a range of relevant methodologies and in particular Agile.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, the candidate will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, the candidate will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
Some key responsibilities are:
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a Project Initiation Document.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Recent experienced in delivering projects
- Able to travel UK wide
- Experience of managing Digital and/or Cloud projects
- Consultancy and / or professional services experience
- Experience in managing project budgets and commercials
- Agile and Waterfall experience
- Digital project delivery experience
- Experience in managing the third parties and multi stakeholders in complex environments at all levels
- Experience of agile collaboration and tracking tools such as JIRA, Trello
- Excellent people management, organisational and communication skills.
We are growing at pace and we are looking to build up our pipeline of Project Managers for future projects (This is not a live vacancy).
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at: