Microsoft Azure Consultant
- Cork, Ireland
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic Microsoft Azure Consultant who enjoys working in a customer facing environment. He or She will be a solid team player with strong communication skills who understands how to deliver excellence in technical solutions and projects.
Based within our Cloud & Infrastructure Consultancy team, the candidate will be a working with Version 1 Enterprise customers on the scoping, design and delivery of a variety of Azure cloud solutions across a number of industry sectors. The Cloud & infrastructure team in Version 1 are at the forefront of cloud technologies maintaining Partnerships with Microsoft, Amazon AWS and Oracle Cloud.
The successful candidate will be joining a growing team with focus on delivering solutions to the growing Version 1 Microsoft Azure customer base in Ireland and the UK.
Role Technical Requirements:
- Proven experience in designing and delivering Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Experienced in design and delivery of Windows Server based solutions.
- Exposure to Azure Active Directory and Identity Management.
- Understanding of Cloud Security Best Practices.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level High Availability solutions using Microsoft
- Azure as the Cloud platform.
- Strong PowerShell/ ARM scripting skills.
- Understanding of the technical and business barriers to a successful cloud migration.
- Experienced in working in a Project delivery team.
- Ability to gather requirements, design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment and to mentor within teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability both within their area of expertise and also outside of their technical comfort zone i.e. ability to research for potential solutions outside of their area of technical expertise.
- Document processes and procedures, developing tenders and proposals.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Experience in a Technical Pre-Sales environment.
- Microsoft MCSE/ MCSD Certification a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to other Microsoft cloud products such as Office 365, EMS and CRM online.
- Exposure to working in a Dev/Ops environment or Dev/Ops toolsets such as Terraform, Puppet & Chef.
- Exposure to Linux Administration.
- Amazon Solution Architect Associate/ Professional certification.
- Strong Scripting experience an advantage.
- Experience in Microsoft System Centre suite of products.
- Experience in Administration of Networking Devices.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team