Sales Development Rep
- Young St, London W8, UK
- Employees can work remotely
🤔How robust are supply chains in this age of globalisation?🤔
Recent experience shows not nearly enough.
In the last year we've seen toilet roll stockpiling at the start of the pandemic🧻🧻🧻🧻...
Semiconductor shortages stopping smartphone or electric car production...
Evidence of Modern Slavery in the fashion industry supply chain...
A shortage of garden gnomes caused by the Suez Canal blockage (yes, really!)😄.
At Versed AI we're helping companies take action to address these issues with AI-powered supply chain visibility to multiple levels.👀
👩💻👨💻Our tech is cutting edge AI (NLP & ML) that surfaces previously-unknown supplier relationships that our customers use this insight to make better decisions and take meaningful action - improving their supply chain's resilience, environmental and ethical performance.🤝🌳🔗
🧠Spun out from our CTO's PHD research at Cambridge University and backed by Founders Factory, Innovate UK, the Royal Academy of Engineering, we're looking for a Sales Development Representative to grow our pipeline and help us scale.🚀
As the first member of our sales team, your key responsibility will be to proactively grow our sales pipeline of high-quality B2B leads across the manufacturing, industrial, insurance, consulting and technology industries.
- Generate scalable, high-quality B2B sales leads through research of best potential clients to target and proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Lead initial sales qualification calls/meetings, responding to prospects’ questions, assessing potential client fit and estimating potential sales value
- Provide a great experience for prospective customers, demonstrating the value of our product to their specific situation and responding to their questions
- Identify decision-makers and research prospects' contact information
- Drive revenue growth through outreach emails (5000/month) & phone calls with a focus on setting up meetings for the Business Development team members
- Manage the lead generation process to effectively pass on qualified leads to Executives
- Represent our company’s products and services and find the best ways to communicate this to different audience
- Keep CRM (HubSpot) fully up to date, the pipeline current and progressively grow the pipeline volume and value
- Performing admin duties including: scheduling sales meetings and calls, preparing information and research materials, creating and maintaining presentations, note taking during meetings
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Share your learnings with new members of our sales team as we grow
You'll ideally be curious, motivated to learn, have strong problem-solving skills and an eye for detail that can help us adapt and scale our product during this exciting period of growth. We're looking for people who have a desire to contribute, are full of great suggestions and want to join us on an exciting journey of growth.
- Entrepreneurial, driven, and possess a results-focused mindset
- 12months + experience of sales in a B2B SaaS environment
- Well-organised with great attention to detail and diligent in following through
- Coachable and good at following instructions as well as self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Tactful and creatively persistent
- Enthusiastic and a great team player
- Interested in working in Artificial Intelligence
- Interested in working in a startup environment
- Tech-savvy with proficiency with Gmail, Google Drive etc.
- Highly accomplished written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
Please note that this role is only available to applicants who are UK-based, with a right to work in the UK.
You'll be joining a tight-knit team through the exciting stages of growing an AI tech business.
Our values are 🖐impactful and trusted🔑 - precisely what you'll be when you're helping the team to create game-changing value for Versed AI clients, particularly complex manufacturers.
We have a diverse range of nationalities in the team with locations spread across the UK, so you'll be joining a team comfortable with remote working.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location - we've been a virtual team since we started and also have access to office space in London
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Directly contribute to the growth of an investor-backed, Cambridge AI spin-out that's developing world-leading tech
- The chance to solve difficult problems and ownership of the solutions to those problems
- As a growing company, there will be opportunities for career progression as we bring new clients onboard and expand the team.