Full Stack Website Developer (Full Time)
- 3055 Center Green Dr, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Vermilion is a full-service design and digital agency located in Boulder, Colorado. As a Certified B Corporation and Public Benefit Corporation, we are dedicated to working with clients who make a positive impact in our world. We offer a wide spectrum of services to purpose-driven organizations in natural products, social impact, and education verticals. Let’s grow the good.
Vermilion is looking for a local full stack web developer to help us build beautiful and functional websites for our clients. You will be joining our in-house development team, working closely with our UX, design, and digital marketing teams. We are a small and collaborative agency where you will have the important role developing and maintaining client websites, often with 3 or more ongoing projects.
Vermilion is not a software development agency, it’s a forward-thinking design agency looking for resourceful web developers to build new projects for clients, create enhancements for existing websites, and troubleshoot issues with older client websites. A large portion of our website work involves building fully custom websites leveraging WordPress.
- Develop and extend custom WordPress sites and other custom website builds
- Create integrations with third party services and CRMs
- Manage functional specifications for website projects
- Maintain completed websites and provide support to ongoing client partners
- Champion the development point of view in meetings and reviews
- Collaborate closely with the design and UX teams and manage technical communications with account managers and clients
- Create new moments to introduce creative technology and interactivity throughout the website process
What We’d Like To See:
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects at a time
- Be a strong communicator with team members and clients
- Be excited to partner with creatives to build remarkable solutions for our clients
- Be ready to jump in and problem-solve solutions as they arise
- Strong background in the LAMP stack. Our team primarily works in WordPress, so if you’re interested in working primarily with Drupal, Rails, etc., this is not the position for you.
- Knowledge and experience in user experience best practices. You need to be skilled at recommending improvements to designers. At times, you’ll need to articulate your rationale to clients.
Required development skills:
- 3+ years of full stack website development experience
- Experience working with creative agencies
- PHP or similar object oriented programming language
- CSS (using SASS)
- Responsive design
- Git workflow
Nice to have:
- Experience with e-commerce (especially WooCommerce)
- Bedrock & Sage experience (by Roots.io)
- Unix Server Administration
- Command line tooling (such as Webpack)
What To Share
Share your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your passion for technology and why you’re interested in joining the Vermilion team.
- This is a full-time position at our Boulder, CO office. We are hiring local developers only for this position
- Vermilion uses a hybrid office model with the option to work remotely for part of the week
- Benefits include health & dental insurance, 401k, wellness reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and a dog-friendly office
- Anticipated salary range: $70,000 - $90,000
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Vermilion Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This role is salaried full-time, working approximately 40-hours per week, and is exempt from overtime.
We believe that it is crucial to fill our agency with diversity from a broad range of backgrounds, ages, and perspectives. We are committed to recruiting and retaining people from communities that have long been underrepresented, not only in creative agencies generally, but particularly in management and leadership roles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or other groups that diversity encompasses, and we will prioritize qualified applicants that would increase the diversity of our team. Vermilion is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Vermilion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no recruiters.