Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer
- Unit 6, Arundel Office Park, Norfolk Road, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
We are in search for a Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer who is ready to help us build and maintain functional systems that improve customer experience and bring our business to new heights.
As an SRE, you will be working closely with departments such as software engineering and infrastructure to develop and deploy new products and features, manage critical production processes and systems with support and infrastructure teams. You should be a detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, as will also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
As a SRE your responsibilities will include: -
- Design, develop and implement high priority, high quality tools and scripts.
- Manage, grow and train on CI/CD pipelines.
- Perform root cause analysis for production technical issues.
- Build proactive monitoring and alerting infrastructure to support operations and systems health.
- Work closely with development teams in improving overall customer experience and software reliability.
- Orchestrate and document software configuration management.
- Support software development testing requirements.
- Promote and adopt automation tools and processes within the organisation.
- Computer Science / Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a software development or DevOps field
- Strong experience and knowledge of Linux based systems
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Production experience with network and server diagnostic monitoring tools
- Strong experience with logging and reporting systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and SQL language (PostgreSQL preferable)
- Experience using configuration management and automation tools e.g., Ansible
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment.
- Experience with containerised environments and automation is highly desirable