Senior Web Developer
- Unit 6, Arundel Office Park, Norfolk Road, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
We are looking for a passionate Senior Frontend Web Developer to make a valuable addition to our team. You will be reporting to the Development Manager and will be joining our engineers in designing and building high quality SPA web applications for the financial sector and will work closely with other team members.
We are embarking on adopting Angular as our SPA web framework and you will be involved in facilitating the design, implementation and maintenance of these applications. We have several existing applications that need to be transitioned as well as new exciting greenfield projects that will require you to work closely with other team members. To accomplish this, you will play a pivotal role in guiding the architecture and leadership to team members.
As a Senior Web Developer your roles and responsibilities will include:-
- Assist in creating wireframes to help design and drive UI changes and projects.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Identify user and system requirements for new projects and initiatives.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable code.
- Oversee and help junior developers through code reviews and mentorship.
- Help maintain and improve code quality through engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in achieving business goals.
- Unit-test code and work on bug fixing and application improvement.
- Computer Science / Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional experience developing front-end web applications
- Excellent knowledge of front-end technologies in particular Angular (9+)
- Excellent development skills that include
- Strong knowledge with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Strong experience with JSON REST API's
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience of code versioning using GIT.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment.
- Practical knowledge of security risks and how to mitigate.