Mid/Senior Java Software Developer
- Unit 6, Arundel Office Park, Norfolk Road, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
We are looking for a passionate mid to senior level Java Software Engineer to make a valuable addition to our team.
You will be reporting to the Development Manager and will be joining our engineers in designing and building high quality applications for the financial sector and will work closely with other team members.
We have a number existing applications, which you will be involved in designing, implementing and maintaining as well as participating in the full SDLC for some new and exciting greenfield projects.
As a Mid/Senior Java Developer your responsibilities will include:-
- Develop Microservice based applications for the financial sector.
- Translate designs and business requirements into high quality code.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable code.
- Assist with writing technical documentation for other team members.
- Help maintain and improve code quality through engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in achieving business goals.
- Unit test and Integration test features and work on bug fixing an application improvement.
- Ability to self-manage and breakdown complex projects and requirements
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 4+ years of experience developing enterprise java applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience working with and designing JSON REST API's
- Experience with Spring / Spring Boot framework
- Experience with JPA/Hibernate
- Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS (PostgreSQL etc)
- Good knowledge of using GIT for code versioning.
- Ability to work win a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment.
- Ability to translate and understand business requirements into technical requirements
- Experience in Microservice architecture is highly desirable
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools is desirable
- Experience with Financial Payment technologies and concepts e.g., ISO8583 is highly desirable