Mid/Senior Android Developer
- Unit 6, Arundel Office Park, Norfolk Road, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
We are looking for a passionate mid to senior level Android developer to make a valuable addition to our team. You will be reporting to the Development Manager and will be joining our engineers in designing and building high quality mobile applications for the financial sector and will work closely with other team members.
We have a number of existing applications developed for Android which you will be involved in designing, implementing and maintaining. We have adopted Flutter as our new platform for mobile applications and you will be given the opportunity to skill up on Flutter and leverage your existing experience in delivering mobile applications and will be required to help design, implement and maintain high quality Flutter applications targeting both Android and iOS platforms.
As a Mid/Senior Mobile Developer your responsibilities will inclue:-
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable code.
- Help maintain and improve code quality through engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in achieving business goals.
- Unit-test code and work on bug fixes and application improvement.
- Ability to self-manage and breakdown complex projects and requirements.
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional experience developing Android applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Strong OOP concepts and knowledge
- Strong experience with JSON REST API’s for communication
- Experience with the Android SDK and frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience of code versioning using GIT
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Experience publishing high quality Android applications to the Google Play Store
- Practical knowledge of security risks and how to mitigate
The following are highly desirable
- Experience developing mobile applications using the Flutter Framework (You will be given the opportunity to learn and upskill on Flutter development)
- Experience using the Dart programming language
- Familiarity with Apple iOS based development and application releases for cross functional development with Flutter.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools.