Head of ICT Services
- Norfolk Rd, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Head of ICT Services is responsible for oversight and management of the organisation’s ICT Services Department.
As well as playing a central role in developing roadmaps and strategic plans, the Head of ICT Services is responsible for management of the DBA, Network, Systems and Infosec teams.
As Head of ICT Services, your responsibilities include: -
1. Contribute to the development of Information Management strategy and policies
2. Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans and roadmaps to make certain Infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements. Play a leading role in translating business and strategic objectives to technology solutions.
3. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for Infrastructure resource administration and appropriate use.
4. Oversee and assure adherence to ITIL and other best practice frameworks adopted by the business, including maintenance of inventory, life cycle management, change management and related documentation.
5. Ensure ICT Services and its associated processes meet internal and external agreed KPI's and SLA's
6. Undertake a leading role in Departmental Project Management; overseeing the teams project pipeline, writing business cases, proposals, specifications and PID’s in concert with, and supported by the Project Management Office (PMO)
7. Lead the development of the ICT Services teams and maintain strong, positive relationships across the organisation
8. Inspect and monitor the use of ICT Technologies and regularly report on effectiveness and efficiency
9. Control budget and report on expenditure
10. Provide Line Management and leadership to members of the ICT Services Teams
11. Manage tenders - Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
12. Monitor and report on operational and technical risks
13. Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
14. Other duties may be required as directed by the Executive.
Ideally, candidates should possess the following skills:
- Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent strong academic qualifications or experience
- 7 or more years’ experience in Information Technology, including at least:
- 1 year in a banking, insurance, financial services or an equivalent ‘blue-chip’ corporation.
- 5 years in a senior technical role
- 2 years in an IT management position
- excellent intercommunication skills, and an ability to interpret non-technical business requirements into technical solutions
- Be organised and highly efficient
- Possess natural leadership skills
- Experience in budget planning, forecasting and management
- an ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Have an analytical approach to working
- Have a passion for IT Technology and excellence
- Experience working with and within security frameworks such as PCI-DSS, NIST SP 800 and equivalents alongside and under the guidance of Infosec and GRC/Audit and Risk teams
- Self-motivated and driven; an ability to keep up-to-date with the latest emerging trends and best practices
- time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Solid technical background, including a broad knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- the ability to work as part of a team and to build strong relationships with staff and other relevant individuals