IT Network Engineer
- Norfolk Rd, Harare, Zimbabwe
To modernize traditional African banking and provide world class, affordable transactional capacity to Sub-Saharan population by unlocking capability through proven agile technology and consultancy services for financial institutions.
To enable banks to provide their customers with innovative, agile and robust technology platforms. To assist in bridging the gap between legacy banking and the new Digital Africa. To understand the fundamental importance of the marriage between “technology” and “education and awareness”.
- Our People are our most important assets
- Can-do attitude
- Robust solutions
- Local presence
- Understand customer requirements
- Partnership and long-term relationship with customers
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the Network Engineer undertakes technical design, implementation supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting Networking and related Infrastructure.
As the Network Engineer, your responsibilities include: -
1. Working in collaboration and support of other teams to develop technology strategies for the Network Infrastructure
2. Play a role in the design and implementation of Network Infrastructure and Security Platforms that support the enterprise infrastructure.
3. Working on architecture and technical designs that maintain operational requirements in areas such as uptime/reliability, and Information Security compliance
4. Provide technical expertise in the sphere of networks and network infrastructure, and maintain technical responsibility for a number of key services, technologies and systems around network fabrics, security appliances, web publishing and load balancing.
5. Undertake effective monitoring and maintenance, including ‘business-as-usual’ tasks under the direction of the Networks Team Leader and Head of ICT Services
6. Participate in troubleshooting, support and take ownership of escalated issues
7. Own and undertake implementation of a technical project portfolio, or tasks and assignments in support of projects lead by other teams, as directed by the Head of ICT or Networks Team Leader.
8. Provide knowledge transfer and cross skilling to colleagues and other members of staff where required.
9. Other duties may be required as directed by the Head of ICT or Networks Team Leader.
As a member of ICT Services, you will also undertake a range of analytical and technical
tasks as a part of the team, including:
- Working with the Infosec team, guide and assist the team in the execution of effective monitoring for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Playing a hands-on role in root-cause analysis (RCA) and problem resolution
- Working on escalated problems, incidents and requests assigned under the ITIL framework
- participating in the testing and evaluation of new products and emerging technologies
- provide input to the design of new systems or upgrade existing ones
- use advanced monitoring and analytic tools to identify, monitor and report on resource utilisation and capacity trends
- provide input to the development of effective Network Infrastructure, Security, Load Balancing and associated systems to support DR, Backup and Recovery plans and procedures.
- Identify operational threats to the infrastructure or infrastructure related services, and escalate these to the Networks Team Leader
Ideally, candidates should possess the following skills:
- 4 or more years’ experience in a technical field, including at least 1 year in a banking, insurance or financial services organisation.
- At least 3 years in a senior technical role
- A strong interest in maintaining a broad technical skillset focussed around Networking and Security, with particular emphasis on the current mix of technologies used at ZSS and its sister companies, such as:
- Strong TCP/IP knowledge
- Modern Spine+Leaf Switching and Routing architectures
- Applied experience of Firewalls, Reverse Proxies, Load Balancers and SIEM
- Cumulus Linux/Disaggregated NOS
- OpenStack Networks (Neutron, FWaaS, VPNaaS)
- An understanding of Devops and Infrastructure-as-Code methodologies and tools
- excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex information in order to identify patterns and trends
- strong intercommunication skills
- an ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Have an analytical and professional approach to working
- Experience working with and within security frameworks such as PCI-DSS, NIST SP 800 and equivalents
- Self-motivated and driven; an ability to keep up-to-date with the latest emerging trends and best practices
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification
- time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build relationships with staff and other relevant individuals
Permanent position based in Harare, Zimbabwe, offering a highly competitive salary and Benefits