Sr Python/ Django Developer
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk Maplecroft are looking to hire an experienced Python/Django developer who is passionate about delivering high quality, standards driven software solutions and who embraces the challenges presented by the ever-changing landscape of web development. This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning the UK and India offices, working primarily on the back-end of our client facing web application (GRiD), and involved in all areas of the software development life cycle.
As a member of the back-end team, you will be empowered to help drive both technical and user-focused improvements to our products and the wider ecosystem.
Our back-end/API uses Django and Celery, and our front-end user interface is a single page web application powered by Angular. You will be required to have a deep understanding of Django and be excited by the prospect of scaling up our apps to cope with increasing demand as we explore new ways of working with our highly rich risk data.
The role will require the Python/Django developer to:
- Work as part of an Agile feature team in requirements gathering, refinement and delivery of user focused improvements to the GRiD platform
- Deliver high quality, maintainable and well tested code which meets stakeholder requirements
- Peer review other developers work in a thorough and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, Project Owners, UX designers and QA engineers to deliver high quality solutions
- Look for and drive opportunities to improve code quality, development processes and team satisfaction
- Expert knowledge of Python, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Python developer in a commercial software development role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with the Django framework in a commercial software development role
- Highly experienced in REST APIs, both in authoring and consuming
- Comfortable working within Docker
- Strong level of experience in PostGReSQL and database development
- Good understanding of git workflows and working collaboratively on team-level code
- Fluency and clarity in spoken and written English, being able to concisely communicate technical ideas internally and to UK/US staff
Nice to have:
- Postman experience
- Jira experience
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.