- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
Wood Mackenzie is looking for a Specialist – Event Operations to join the Marketing department's Global Event Team. This role contributes to and execute the event operational strategy for event management, logistics, internal/external communications, and event technology and tool integrations (including registration, virtual event, and CRM). You will own and support on-site and virtual execution of commercial and core events (Conferences, Flagship Regional Forums, briefings, roundtables and tradeshows), manage the logistics and operations elements of events, working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and Event Content Manager to ensure that events are delivered successfully and are best in class.
You will be responsible for approx. two elements of the centres of excellence as well as implement all CoE best practices within your portfolio. Contributing to and supporting the leader of the team on establishing clear processes, setting prioritisation and best practices with the global team. The expectation of the Manager is to be a collaborator, self-starter and have strong interpersonal, project management, and analytical skills that support the vision of the team. This is an integral part of the role as Wood Mackenzie events set themselves up for the future events supporting the growth strategies.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the events you are managing as part of the portfolio
- Lead the strategic event project meetings, owning the project management, scheduling project meetings, compiling key actions for progression, project tracking, providing strategic guidance by leveraging best practices and tools, executing and measuring events, from concept to completion.
- Utilise a range of event types to deliver strong results; in person event, virtual events, hybrid events, conferences, in-office roundtables, tradeshows, training, forums, summits and briefings.
- Collaborate on program goals, messaging at the event, communication and overall event plans with minimal direction
- Source and decide venues and external suppliers, manage budgets and negotiate to ensure events are delivered within budget and maximise event ROI.
- Successfully deliver third party events that drive business results for cross sell, upsell and new business
- Coordinate staff requirements, staff briefings and other internal communications
- Contribute to the team’s innovation projects, bring new innovative ideas to the team and line manager and take advantage of emerging opportunities to ensure WoodMac stays ahead of competitors
- Provide event data metrics that help data-informed decision making that supports the operational excellence for Wood Mackenzie events
- Contribute to and input into the data management processes designed to realise cost and resource efficiencies and optimise results
- Collaborate with office resources and internal support teams (e.g. facilities, front reception)
- Support agency relationships and lead agencies within your project
- Work with Sponsorship sales to manage and implement sponsorship on site contractual agreements
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with vendors
- Coordinate with the event marketing and sponsorship team on the creation and distribution of promotional pieces and other, printed materials
- Coordinate with the compliance team to ensure all events are fully compliant with regulations
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the event operational budget you own
- Collaborate with Global Events Team to develop and continually refine best practices and standards across the firm for all types of Woodmac Event.
- Finalise event schedules, on site staffing, run rehearsals with Event Content team, organise and ship materials and develop transportation itineraries
- Measure and optimise the performance of all events to enhance client value and drive growth; develop KPIs and create mechanisms to analyse ROI and impact on business results
- Domestic and international travel will be required
- Some experience in an event operational role would be preferred
- Experience planning and executing events across traditional in-person formats and through enhanced virtual platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to evolving priorities
- Capable of directly owning and managing all elements of an event from conception to measurement, including but not limited to strategy, project management, vendor negotiation and management, production, event registration, data gathering/reporting, evaluations, speaker and sponsorship engagement, cross-functional partnering
- Experience of working within the energy industries beneficial including knowledge of competitor/third party events
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, creating a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience collaborating across teams, businesses and time zones
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done and contribute to the operation team goals and vision
- Confident communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally including. weekends (dependent on government guidelines) as well as work flexible hours as schedules demand
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities and to change direction and improvise as needed
- Strong negotiation skills for vendor negotiations
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; resilient to set backs
- Passion for customers and creating a memorable experience
- STOVA, CVENT, GLOBALMEERT or other event management system knowledge, Salesforce or other CRM user experience required
- Experience of using event apps (Swapcard, Crowdcompass) and is on the forefront of event technology
- Working with the Leader of Operations to manage regular budget for senior management reporting
- Monitor, track, and provide analysis on operational spend, cost saving efficiencies and
- performance to drive delegates and revenue. Including: Estimated cost models, final budgets, track budget statistics and prepare reports
- Own and produce your event by event reporting, QTR and YE reporting for senior management
Team Management & Leadership
- Work closely with Event Operations Team and Leader to develop and implement a strategic events program that drives towards the global vision and aligned with regional business objectives
- Deputise for Operations Team Leader for ELT activities
- Will be the Co-Lead Manager for the Americas region operationally, working with regional teams and feeding knowledge back to the team on strategy, planning with Event Marketing Team and using this knowledge to enhance in year goals and future strategies.
- Potential future line management as future growth opportunities for those wishing to progress in this area.
- Is a Business Partner Lead with one of the Marketing Leadership Team i.e. Regional Marketing, Product etc
- Support the collaboration and development of relationships, best practice and processes with Marketing Program Managers and Event Marketing for full alignment on content delivery and customer journeys
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategy of the Event Operations function within the Global Events team, setting up team objectives, standards, tools and KPIs for Centre of Excellence
- Identify, evaluate and feedback technical tools to support and enhance events for implementation
- Contribute to the development of the playbook for the global teams planning and logistics guidelines.
- Perform regular competitive analysis and analyse points of differentiation across events
- We are a hybrid working company and the successful applicant will be expected to be physically present in the office at least 2 days per week to foster and contribute to a collaborative environment, but this may be subject to change in the future.
Wood Mackenzie Values
- Inclusive – we succeed together
- Trusting – we choose to trust each other
- Customer committed – we put customers at the heart of our decisions
- Future Focused – we accelerate change
- Curious – we turn knowledge into action
What you’ll love about us
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
WoodMackenzie is an equal opportunities employer.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to WoodMackenzie, including unsolicited resumes sent to a WoodMackenzie business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to WoodMackenzie employees, will be considered WoodMackenzie property. WoodMackenzie will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of unsolicited resume.