- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
The User Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for creating compelling and innovative design solutions that demonstrate the power and value of rich client, web-based, product experiences. The UX Designer is responsible for collaborating with Product & Technology to conceptualize, design, and prototype innovative, highly usable applications, including UI design patterns and frameworks for next-generation analytics applications. The UX Designer is responsible for the development of highly interactive prototypes to demonstrate the product vision. There will be a need for close coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the designs can be adopted and extended across product suites.
- Design and drive the UX strategy for our product suite via product design, user journeys and usability testing.
- Ensure our user journeys across all products are responsive, adaptive and meet the needs of our customers.
- Work cross-functionally to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, visual design/page layouts, tools, services, and applications to support a complete and cohesive user experience.
- Work effectively within an Agile framework and contribute to the success of the team through close collaboration with Product and Technology, being responsive to team needs and embracing an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with product teams and follow Verisk corporate design guidelines to develop UI common components and design patterns for Verisk Maplecroft’s product suite.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and underlying design rational.
- Make understanding end-user requirements a constant priority including through close collaboration with Product, user analytics and end-user interviews.
- Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies.
- Proactively develop ideas and strategic proposals to drive the business forward.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
- Have a well-defined usability testing strategy that provides us with valuable insights on how to improve our UX experience.
- Work with the technical team to understand technical concepts or constraints that may impact user interface design
Strive to continually evolve output through self-appraisal as well as soliciting and incorporating feedback
- 5+ years of experience in designing complex enterprise level desktop and web applications, creating seamless and consistent user experiences.
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs that contribute toward market leadership.
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge and skills in visual design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and related UX methodologies.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver shipping products.
- Experienced in User Interaction design, User Research, Rapid Prototyping, Wire framing and all aspects of UX design
- Experience in creating both low- and high-fidelity wireframes (from sketching to interactive prototypes).
- Ability to adopt different user testing strategies and analysis of testing results to drive decision making and product improvements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Relevant UX qualifications including experience with producing interactive wireframes (e.g. Adobe XD and Figma)
- Experience of tools commonly used in Agile environment.
- Experience working on highly available and scalable software and services.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.