Software Dev Tech Lead (C#,Angular)
- Verisk Business: Underwriting Solutions
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Represent the Architecture team in a small/medium team size. Helps solving architectural issues, pay special attention to non-functional requirements and own code maintainability. Provide hands on technical leadership to the development team. This is a hands-on role.
▪ Assists in designing and building complex component-based applications, considering maintainability, supportability and testability of the software.
▪ Represents the product in technical company forums.
▪ Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure. Perform hands-on coding and assists in the design of solutions. Ability to lead a work stream coordinating a small team of developers.
▪ Performs hands-on coding and assists in the design of solutions.
▪ Works in coordination with central architecture and engineering teams.
▪ Raises issues during development cycle (running late, blockers, lack of analysis, etc.).
▪ Solves technical issues (architectural questions, performance issues, etc.) during the development cycle, or any stage of the customer lifecycle.
▪ Helps with any technical documentation needed internally or externally.
▪ When required by the Dev Team Lead / Dev Manager, assists with the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates. Provides high level estimates to size projects before they start. Reviews lower level estimates to make sure they are within the high-level estimates provided (or raise any major discrepancies with the reasons why those discrepancies exist). Able to gather the level of detail required for the estimates when asked.
▪ Assists with providing third-level support to business users (via our Support team).
▪ Helps with code reviews and provides constructive feedback.
▪ Writes design technical documents.
▪ Works on PoC for new tools, technologies, cloud solutions.
▪ Attends seminars, training sessions, etc. that might be beneficial for the future of our applications architecture. Provide training sessions, lunch & learn, etc.
▪ Works with the UI/UX team to check the feasibility of new proposals.
▪ Works with DevOps to understand the CI/CD pipeline and suggest improvements.
▪ Participates actively on reviews and technical design meetings and provide valuable feedback.
▪ Participates in meetings with Architecture team and other technical leads from other product teams.
▪ Makes sure information about technical changes flows between product team and architecture, and across other product teams.
▪ Mentors Senior Software Developer Engineers with attitude to become a Technical Lead.
▪ Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
▪ Suggests central services all Sequel products would benefit from via technical forums.
▪ Helps improving the communication between peers from other products.
▪ Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role.
Knowledge and Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or other relevant field and demonstrable related experience
▪ Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
▪ Expert in object-oriented programming concepts, unit & integration testing, data and relational databases, technical database design, web architecture and application servers
▪ Strong ability to document development including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications
▪ Knowledge of Agile development methodologies helpful.
▪ Strong skills of design patterns
▪ Deep understanding about performance and scalability implications in the development process and experience with performance monitoring tools.
▪ Ability to install complex software patches and upgrades.
▪ Ability to review code written by others and provide feedback and recommendations to follow coding guideline.
▪ Ability to provide estimates (high-level, low level)
▪ Demonstrated ability to write technical documents including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications.
▪ Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures.
▪ Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
▪ Be able to design considering operational costs.
▪ Ability to take the ownership of a business-critical area and provide feedback and recommendations to analysts and architects for the implementation of new features.
▪ Ability to do a risk analysis
▪ Customer interaction experience
▪ Basic knowledge of the architecture of all UWS products
What you´ll get:
-35 hours weekly (7 hours per day).
-Health Insurance for you and your family.
-Friendly, inclusive, and multicultural environment.
-Free language classes.
-Hybrid working model (you can work from home or come to the office to meet the rest of your colleagues).
-Office based in the city centre of Malaga.
-Lunch and learn.
-A very complete pack of benefits. Sounds good? Contact us to know more!
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.