Tech - Summer Internship Program 2023
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk‘s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities in areas of Operations or Product/Platform development. This is a part-time (5 hours/ day) paid internship program that begins on 21st of June and lasts up to 6 months based on your availability and preference. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located near your assigned office as the program is a hybrid work schedule, requiring you to be in the office at least 2 days per week. You will be fully integrated into your team and assume complete responsibility for the tasks assigned to you. You will receive customized coaching, training and mentoring and have the opportunity to engage with key business leaders across locations.
We are hiring in Malaga, Spain.
At Verisk, we have a longstanding commitment to inclusion, diversity & belonging in our workplace and marketplace. Click here to read our statement on Racial, Equity and Diversity and learn more about our Employee Network Groups and our commitment to making a change.
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring careers in business around the globe. Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance. Our team of nearly 9,000 helps customers make crucial decisions every day about risk—with greater precision, efficiency, and discipline.
- Successfully complete all the learning objectives goals that are structured into the experience and supervised by a professional with relevant and related background in the field
- Cultural and soft skills fit
- Proactivity - Proactive behaviour involves acting in advance of a future situation, rather than just reacting. It means taking control and making things happen rather than just adjusting to a situation or waiting for something to happen. Proactive employees generally do not need to be asked to act, nor do they require detailed instructions.
- Flexibility – Being able and willing to adapt to changing circumstances when it comes to how work gets done. Workplace flexibility meets the needs of both the business and its workers.
- Ownership - Taking the initiative to bring about positive results. It means not waiting for others to act, and caring about the outcome as much as an owner of the company would. It is being accountable for the results of your actions - that are the of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner. Taking ownership shows others that they can trust you to do the right thing.
- Familiarity with Verisk principles, as described in The Verisk Way microsite at Verisk.com https://www.verisk.com/veriskway/
- We offer a variety of assignments where you will be well positioned for a long and successful career path. You will have the opportunity to join teams in areas like:
- Development: Write, debug, maintain and test our products (supporting existing products and functionality, or writing new modules).
- Testing: Become responsible for the accurate testing of software used by insurance market professionals.
- DevOps: Increase a product team’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity, via a combination of automation, tools, process changes, practices, etc
- Enrolled in third and fourth year of Bachelor Program or enrolled in Master Program with majors in software development, and computer science.
- Good level of English both written and spoken.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good at problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong work ethic and reliability.
- Fun, as well as a team player.
The Internship Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g., H1-B visa)” after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer intern role.
Sequel Business Solutions
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown from being a trusted consultancy to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in London EC2, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients’ business.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges. Together we deliver a powerful suite of software which provide full end-to-end management of all insurance and reinsurance business. Our clients are able to grow and better manage their business through greater efficiency, flexibility, and data governance.
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.