Front End (Angular) Lead Developer
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for a better tomorrow. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help businesses, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and more sustainable.
About the Role
As organizations strive to understand and adapt to a fast-changing world, Verisk Maplecroft empower them to put the environment, human rights, and political risk at the heart of their decision-making. We do this by providing unparalleled intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG – stitching together these disparate issues into an interconnected global view, built upon objective insight and data. By thinking about the‘ big picture’ we capture what matters most to our partners; making positive outcomes possible in a time of change; helping people, businesses and societies become stronger; creating value with values.
Verisk Maplecroft are looking for an experienced Front End Lead Developer who is passionate about delivering high quality software solutions and embraces the challenges presented by the ever-changing landscape of web application development. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working primarily on our client facing web application (GRiD) and will be involved in leading all areas of the software development life cycle. As a Team Lead in the Technology Team, you will be empowered to drive both technical and user-focused improvements to our products and solutions; continually improving our tooling and delivering sustainable and effective software solutions.
What we offer:
- Excellent working culture centered on inclusivity and collaboration
- Structured planning for career professional development
- Comprehensive training and on-boarding
- Modern development practices and standards
- Flexible working
- AWS certification supported and funded
- Bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Holiday purchase/sell scheme
- Save as You Earn share scheme
About the Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Leading an agile team in requirements gathering, refinement, and delivery of user-focused improvements
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with management and other team leads on technical projects
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable well-tested code that meets user requirements
- Peer review other developers' work in a thorough and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, Project Owners, UX, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high-quality solutions
- Look for and drive opportunities to improve code quality, development processes, and team satisfaction
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
The software teams utilize a range of programming languages and frameworks suited to their area of specialism. The majority of our client facing web applications are written in the Angular framework, integrating with our own APIs and deployed to AWS through our CI/CD pipelines. As Team Lead, you will require a thorough understanding of the Angular framework and architecting within its constraints, and will be able to make best use of Angular’s features to guide your team in adhering to best practice and convention.
You will also need:
- Good understanding of front-end web technologies and how web browsers behave and perform
- Knowledge and experience in applying Web Security best practices
- Good understanding of git and working collaboratively on team-level code bases
- Industry experience in working within an Agile software development framework in small or medium sized teams
- To show leadership experience in prior projects or teams
- A proven track record in a commercial software development role
- Experience with rxjs and reactive-style programming
- Good knowledge of testing, in particular unit and integration testing with Jasmine, Jest or similar
- Experienced in consuming Rest APIs
Experience in any of the below technologies would be beneficial but are not firm requirements. The role will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience into these areas.
- Ngrx, Redux or similar state management approaches
- e2e and/or BDD testing
- Python / Django
- Using or configuring Docker / Containerization
- CI/CD pipeline configuration
- Certifications in cloud technologies (the company will support gaining AWS certifications for those interested)
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.