QA Automation Engineer (mid-level)
- Verisk Business: Specialty Business Solutions
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Hello there! Do you know Verisk? Are you a dynamic person? Would you like to grow in our company? In Verisk SBS we are looking for a QA Automation profile, with around 3 years experience, to join one of our engineering teams. And we really wish it could be you!
In our tech stack we have React, Angular, Typescript, .NET, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Messaging (RabbitMQ), Cloud (AWS), CI/CD (Azure DevOps), Containers (Docker), Testing frameworks, APIs, etc. From the technical side, our teams are very focused in following good practices. We also foment working with the latest technologies, continuous formation and career development inside the company.
More concretely in QA Automation, we use Selenium integrated with Gherkin for UI tests, JMETER/Gatling, API Rest also integrated with Gherkin, SOAP UI/Postman, etc.
Interesting right? - Keep reading, this job is for you!
We are looking for the right person to help us with the testing of the core services used by the platform. This person will be responsible for the accurate testing of software used by insurance market professionals.
What will you do?
- Supports execution of test plans primarily automated tests and occasionally manual tests.
- Responsible for creating/maintenance of the automation test suite on their area of assignment and reporting on its current status.
- Provides estimates to seniors QA automation engineers and highlights any difficulty in meeting these targets.
- Works logging and tracking defects towards their resolution closely within QA Team.
- Mentor more junior QA automation engineers via pairing, design review, and code review.
- Constantly working towards automated tests optimization (implementation and execution).
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role
What you´ll get:
- 35hrs / week and office in the center of Malaga.
- Remote work and flexible working hours options are available. For us, the reconciliation of work and family life (family, children, dependents...) is very important, as well as your personal development and the enjoyment of your leisure and free time.
- Additional benefits to the salary offered: health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, certifications and training (including bonuses to spend on Amazon for each certification obtained) and Spanish/English classes during working hours.
- For people who work in the office: luncheon vouchers, bicycle parking, fruit and snacks, drinks on Fridays, pizza on Tuesdays.
- Lunch and Learn: weekly knowledge sharing session. That day lunch is on us!
- Team building and annual events (pre-COVID): we work hard and enjoy with the same energy, because celebrating good results is mandatory! Some places where we have been in previous years: Seville, Bilbao or Sierra Nevada.
- International Mobility: as part of the Verisk group, you will have access to the international opportunities existing in the group.
- Multicultural team: only in Malaga we have people of more than 10 different nationalities!
- Professional development and annual evaluation - each year you will have a review of your performance and objectives.
Sounds good? Contact us to know more!
What you´ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience on similar roles.
- Software development skills equivalent to a middle developer.
- Hands-on experience of object-oriented programming, automation testing, data model and relational databases, web architecture and application servers.
- Basic understanding of insurance business processes.
- Self-sufficient in at least one large area of the automation with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Expertise in UI, API and performance automated testing.
- QA Automation engineers must have a middle-profile role in the organization and you must demonstrate your organizational and communication skills to engage the QA team as well as development team.
- Knowledge about build/release/deployment pipeline.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.