Lead Data Scientist
- Salary - Max.: $125,000.00
- Disclaimer: Annualized base pay may vary depending on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Salary - Min.: $100,000.00
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- U.S. State: New York
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk Maplecroft’s datasets are the core of the company’s offering and your data science skills, attention to detail, commercial awareness and project management skills will ensure that the data products are delivered on time to clients with the highest level of accuracy. You will have the opportunity to be creative through the development of new products and enhancing existing products. As someone with advanced quantitative skills, you will support colleagues in the wider Research and Consulting teams with client work and support the Sales team in helping clients to understand and use the company’s data. You will be based in New York and report to the Head of Data Science.
About the day to day responsibilities of the role
· Develop new dynamic and granular data products in the domain of ESG and political risk that are powered by NLP, machine learning, and statistical methods.
· R&D of new products in collaboration with domain experts using text and tabular datasets
· Apply advanced statistical knowledge to help the business generate enhanced and more reliable data products
· Use advanced deep learning techniques and other Name Entity Recognition approaches to produce granular datasets requested by clients
· Build production-ready machine learning modules and data pipelines including predictive models, automated text classifiers, automated NER modules, and automated scoring systems
· Supporting colleagues and clients by providing them with original datasets and data analysis.
· Leading data science projects with up to 2 junior colleagues by ensuring sophistication, interpretability, accuracy, and completion in a timely fashion
· Mentoring, development, and managing of data science interns you are responsible for.
· Work with Head of the Data Science to keep track of different projects, check progress, and allocate work
· Master’s level (or equivalent) qualification in a quantitative subject such as analytics, data science, or statistics (required)
· Advanced programming skills and statistical knowledge– particularly Python and machine learning (specifically NLP, tabular data modelling) (required)
· 3+ years of work experience in a data science role (required)
· Experience enhancing and developing new products using machine learning (required)
· Domain knowledge in one or several of ESG risk, political risk, insurance risk, or financial risk is advantageous (preferred)
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Verisk: People Advocate - Believes in the power and potential of those around them. Creates opportunity for development and engagement across teams.
- Verisk: Operator - Applies ownership mindset to every choice they make; acting as if Verisk were their own small business.
- Verisk: Innovator - Creates value by thinking of better products, services, and opportunities. Believes change is essential to survive and thrive.
- Verisk: Culture Creator - Creates and nourishes an environment that best serves and lives up to our responsibility to others. Believes in leaving everything we touch better than we found it.
- Potential: Drive
- Potential: Engage
- Potential: Change
- Potential: Applied Thinking
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.