Front End Angular Developer
- Bath, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
Verisk Maplecroft are looking for a Front End Angular Developer who is passionate about delivering high quality software solutions and embraces the challenges presented by the ever-changing landscape of web development. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working primarily on our client facing Angular based web application (GRiD) and will be involved in all areas of the software development life cycle.
As a member of the Client Solutions team, you will be empowered to help drive both technical and user-focused improvements to our products and the wider ecosystem.
What we offer:
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- Excellent working culture centered on inclusivity and collaboration
- Structured planning for career professional development
- Comprehensive training and on-boarding
- Modern development practices and standards
- AWS certification supported and funded
- Holiday purchase/sell scheme
- Save as You Earn Verisk share scheme
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Work as part of an agile team in requirements gathering, refinement and delivery of user focused improvements
- Deliver high quality, maintainable and well tested code which meets user requirements
- Peer review other developers work in a thorough and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, Project Owners, UX designers and QA engineers to deliver high quality solutions
- Look for and drive opportunities to improve code quality, development processes and team satisfaction
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
Our front end products are largely driven by the Angular framework, supported by a Django Rest Framework API. As a Front End Developer, you will have a deep understanding of Angular and best practices within the framework and be well versed in interacting with back end APIs. You will be eager to understand the use of the technologies that support our applications and able to make best use of that extensive toolkit in building out new features or products.
- Proven track record in a commercial software development role
- A deep understanding of the Angular framework
- Experience with rxjs and reactive-style programming
- Good knowledge of testing, in particular unit and integration testing with Jasmine, Jest or similar
- Good understanding of front-end web technologies and how web browsers behave and perform
- Experienced in consuming Rest APIs
- Industry experience in working with Agile software development practices
- Knowledge and experience in applying Web Security best practices
- Good understanding of git and working collaboratively on team-level code bases
Nice to haves
Experience in any of the below technologies would be great however is not a requirement. The role will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience into these areas.
- Ngrx, Redux or similar state management approaches
- e2e and/or BDD testing
- Python / Django
- Using or configuring Docker / Containerization
- CI/CD pipeline configuration
- Certifications in cloud technologies (the company will support gaining AWS certifications for those interested)
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.