- New York, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for a better tomorrow. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help businesses, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and more sustainable.
About the role
Verisk Maplecroft’s datasets are the core of the company’s offering and your numeracy skills, attention to detail, commercial awareness and project management skills will ensure that the datasets are delivered on time to clients with the highest level of accuracy. You will have the opportunity to be creative through the development of new datasets and through writing analytical content for data clients. As someone with strong quantitative skills, you will support colleagues in the wider Research and Consulting teams with client work and support the Sales team in helping clients to understand and use the company’s data.
About the day-to-day responsibilities of the role
- Support updates to the company’s thematic datasets.
- Improving these datasets by listening to client feedback, finding new data sources, and implementing new scoring methodologies.
- Managing a project plan to ensure timely delivery of updates.
- Supporting colleagues and clients with questions on these datasets in collaboration with the wider Analytics team.
- Writing occasional data-rich insights to show the value of the data.
- Using your quantitative skills to help colleagues in Consulting deliver projects on time, on budget, that meet the client's needs.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in a subject with a quantitative element (required)
- Advanced Excel skills (required)
- 1+ years of work experience in a quantitative role (required)
- Domain knowledge in one or several of human rights, politics, the environment, economics, or commodities is advantageous (preferred)
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.