Full Stack Team Lead
- Edinburgh, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for a better tomorrow. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help businesses, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and more sustainable.
As organizations strive to understand and adapt to a fast-changing world, we empower them to put the environment, human rights, and political risk at the heart of their decision-making. We do this by providing unparalleled intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG – stitching together these disparate issues into an interconnected global view, built upon objective insight and data. By thinking about the‘ big picture’ we capture what matters most to our partners; making positive outcomes possible in a time of change; helping people, businesses and societies become stronger; creating value with values.
About the Role
Verisk Maplecroft are looking for an experienced Full Stack (Angular/Django) Team Lead who is passionate about delivering high quality software solutions and embraces the challenges presented by the ever-changing landscape of web application development. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working primarily on our client facing web application (GRiD) and will be involved in leading all areas of the software development life cycle. As a Team Lead in the Technology Team, you will be empowered to drive both technical and user-focused improvements to our products and solutions; continually improving our tooling and delivering sustainable and effective software solutions.
About the Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Leading an agile team in requirements gathering, refinement, and delivery of user-focused improvements
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with management and other team leads on technical projects
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable well-tested code that meets user requirements
- Peer review other developers' work in a thorough and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, Project Owners, UX, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high-quality solutions
- Look for and drive opportunities to improve code quality, development processes, and team satisfaction
What we offer:
- Structured planning for career professional development
- Comprehensive training and onboarding
- Modern development practices and standards
- Flexible working
- AWS certification supported and funded
- Bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Holiday purchase/sell scheme
- Save as You Earn Verisk share scheme
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
For our products we use a variety of technologies with the key frameworks being Django to provide the backend/API and Angular for the web-based user interface. As Team Lead you will have a deep understanding of either Django or Angular, preferably both, and be excited by the prospect of expanding your knowledge into both of these areas. You will be eager to understand the full set of application technologies already applied in existing applications and make best use of that extensive toolkit in building out new features or products.
- Industry experience in working with Agile software development practices
- To show leadership experience in prior projects or teams
- A deep understanding of either Django or Angular, with a preference on both
- Expertise in either Python or TypeScript, and at least proficient in the use of the other
- Good understanding of frontend web technologies and how web browsers behave and perform
- Very knowledgeable in Rest APIs, both in authoring and consuming
- Good level of experience in SQL and database interaction
- Knowledge and experience in applying Web Security best practices
- Good understanding of git and working collaboratively on team-level code bases
Nice to haves
- Cloud (in particular AWS) experience
- Use of serverless technologies
- Docker / Containerization experience
- Node.js experience
- NoSQL database experience
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.