New Business Development / Lead Generation Specialist
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for a better tomorrow. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help businesses, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and more sustainable.
As organizations strive to understand and adapt to a fast-changing world, we empower them to put the environment, human rights, and political risk at the heart of their decision-making. We do this by providing unparalleled intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG – stitching together these disparate issues into an interconnected global view, built upon objective insight and data. By thinking about the‘ big picture’ we capture what matters most to our partners; making positive outcomes possible in a time of change; helping people, businesses and societies become stronger; creating value with values.
Verisk Maplecroft is looking for a lead manager who can work in engaging and qualifying inbound leads as well as identifying and nurturing prospects to grow the new client development (NCD) pipeline globally and ultimately participate in increasing the revenue for the company. The Lead Manager will be the liaison between the Marketing Team and the Sales Team, and will report into the Regional Sales Manager.
- Intimately understand our core research & consulting solutions to be able to articulate their value propositions to prospects
- Develop and maintain a lead and prospect plan across multiple sectors of the industry
- Triages inbound leads generated by Marketing activities, and quickly responds to top tier leads
- Identify and qualify commercial potential through initial engagement with leads and prospects to help the sales team develop a pipeline of viable opportunities
- Effectively manage the pipeline of leads with the sales team, and work with the relevant sales managers for a smooth handover of the leads
- Take ownership of prospect engagement and ensuring interactions are communicated across sales, marketing, client services, research and consulting to ensure the sales process is handled efficiently
- Handle inbound leads as well as working closely with Marketing to identify and nurture interest from new prospects by pro-actively reaching out to targeted contacts using diverse communication methods including social media, emails/letter, and phone calls
- Understand the competitive landscape and communicate internally accordingly
- Effectively report to Sales and Marketing Managers on successes and challenges to continuously assess focus of the NCD strategy
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Candidates must have proven experience in lead management, and qualifying sales leads and an ability to prove it
- Strong methodology/approach to organise their time between reactive and pro-active lead and prospect outreach and past success in doing so
- Candidates must have a proven experience in building trust with prospects along with excellent communication/presentation skills
- Be comfortable working with and presenting data driven solutions
- The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills a results-oriented mind-set
- Previous experience working for a research and consulting firm would be advantageous
- The candidate should have track record of engaging with many prospects over the phone as it is expected calls will be the primary communication tool in this role
- Knowledge of current sustainability, ESG, and climate change challenges would be advantageous
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive, and tenacious
- Ability to work autonomously and be resilient
- Ability to focus on where to win
- Flexibility and resourcefulness with a good level of curiosity about current affairs, and global geopolitics
- Business and commercial acumen with the breadth of knowledge on large private sector companies globally
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce and Outreach would be an advantage
- Lead Management Competencies
- Value-focused selling
- Approaches leads and prospects with a value-based approach rather than a transactional one
- Able to identify potential for revenue growth
- Understands where they are currently performing and what activities to focus on in order to meet and/or exceed targets
- Shares best practices across functional teams
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.